Thursday, May 3, 2012

spring things

spring.....i love it so very much.  even as i type, the thunder rumbles in the background.  the birds sing.  the air is warm today.  spring has always been my favourite season and this year is no different. 



i love the sight of kids running by my window as i prepare supper.  i love the pink blossoms on the beautiful trees that line my driveway.  i love the hopping bunnies that chase eachother around the yard. 



i love the smell of line-dried clothes (take that, smart meter people!), the cool breeze from my open window at night, the green freshly-cut grass, the cute frog that's taken up permanent residence in our little pond and who finally cooperated for his first photo shoot....and on it goes. 


my only regret is that i always wish i was out more to enjoy it.  there is so much to keep up with inside the walls of this home, that honestly, it is tricky to tackle the outside, let alone to simply sit and enjoy the season....someday that will happen.  for now, i'll be thankful for the beauty around me, even if it is enjoyed most times through the panes of my recently washed windows (ugghh...glad that job is done).  one more thing i love...actually two....the fresh rhubarb my mom cut and shared from the garden, and my wonderful Hannah who took the raw rhubarb and baked it into my favourite muffin recipe....the sweet almond flavour balances the tart rhubarb in a delicious combination that has left just one remaining muffin on the counter from thirty that were made last evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment