Tuesday, June 21, 2022

spring pie


this rhubarb pie was a thing of beauty, don't you think?  i have made many both average and delicious pies that aren't real eye-catching.  that's okay.  this one made me happy when i pulled it out of the oven.  and i want to remember it forever....so there! hahaha

then at my dear mother-in-law's this weekend she one-upped my rhubarb pie.  hers was both pretty and extra delicious.  thankfully she always shares her recipes with me.  so next chance i get i'll try that one.  with a butter pie crust no less...who knew?  

so thankful for the home-baking and cooking role models around me and for the many ways they inspire me.  my ability to even make a flaky pie crust comes from watching my own mama make it over and over again and all the years she'd turn out endless pies or load a counter full of the best buttertarts. food was her tangible sign of love to her family and so many others who needed the encouragement her edible gifts offered to hearts and bellies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment