Tuesday, May 24, 2022

daily grace

 i'm continually amazed at the daily graces that drop into my life at the times i'm most desperate to see them.  to be totally honest, there have been some challenges here that have been pressing in hard over the past couple months.  i sometimes struggle with surrender, with self-doubt and discouragement.  and on those very days, my weary heart is often blessed by small graces that are undeniable signs of God's goodness to me.  too many to number or name here, although i do have a spot for that and must get back into that routine, i think.

on this particular day~ it had been quite challenging and i felt the discouragement rising up within.  i was carrying some understandable disappointment into the evening, and had a moment to be alone and still at home.  just me.  then the doorbell rang.  standing before me was a young man with a gift.  he's the amazing adult son of my very dear friend, and he had a wrapped present in his hands.  

he said i could open it, so i did.  tucked within the outer paper was this leather-bound treasure.  a book he'd made himself, with blank pages, for me to personally do with what i liked.  i was a bit overcome.  so moved by his kindness and instantly feeling the timeliness of the gift.  he said he'd made his mom one as well, and had the supplies to make another, so he thought of me.  i tried to explain how his thoughtfulness was exactly what i needed on that particular day.  he hadn't known.  but God did.  

daily graces.  big and small.  random and unexpected.  God's tender kindness through the most unexpected ways.  that amazing little leather bound book has become a place where i journal God's promises, His truths, and reminders to keep my heart and mind moving forward with determination and in step with God's heart.  it's also become a visual symbol of God's goodness and presence with me, always. ❤ 


No comments:

Post a Comment