Tuesday, April 20, 2021

forever-love

 wow....not my words below, but they could be, exactly 100% the same thoughts, and our whole family's words too.  all this as we love baby C with a fierceness that has literally, within the last week even, taken my breath away.  it catches me off guard at the strangest, random times.  most recently was in the parking lot at Shoppers as i buckled him into his car seat and i tousled his hair...

this is from Foster the Family, who i've mentioned here before.  she gets it and she articulates it perfectly.

“I love you so much, forever,” I whispered into his little face. “Forever.”

“Forever” left my lips and made its way down to my gut. Forever?? But what if it’s not forever? What if he leaves, too? What if this is a coming goodbye? What if this is another heartbreak in the waiting? These questions take my breath away.
But, oh, I know the answers.
The length of my time with him doesn’t change anything. It doesn’t change now and it doesn’t change forever. The promise of forever-love stays the same.
No matter what, my boy, I love you right now, fully. And I love you forever."



No comments:

Post a Comment