Tuesday, September 29, 2015

the gift of a legacy

a cottage escape happened this past weekend.  wow, was it ever wonderful...a celebration of the making of a legacy.  fifty years marriage (and counting) for my sweet parents.  what a model they have been of faithful and true love.  this rooted me from day one and on through my childhood and early adult years.  mom and dad gave me (yes, it was intentionally given to me~ to us, as kids) stability in our home I didn't even realize I needed.  it just was a part of what I knew, what I observed, what I loved!  it was always that way as long as I can remember.  I knew they were fiercely committed to each other and the vows they made before God.  I don't recall ever doubting that they were in it for keeps.


 so, in celebration of this giant anniversary we enjoyed some fabulous R&R that included gorgeous sunsets, summer-like beach walks late in September, delicious food, laughter, games and new memories....


plus, chillin' on a deck with a view...


dinner conversations,


cousin bonding,


and an amazingly beautiful painted sky.  photo credits of the sunset go to Joelle~ her shot was the best....


and even a morning of kite flying.


thanks Mom and Dad for loving each other so well.  your example shaped the way I love my dear Jeffrey.  and I think he'd say I do okay...
for the record, Jeff's parents are not far from the same amazing milestone and he echoes my words about his childhood and his parents.  how fortunate are we as their kids?!?  in a world of disposable everything, my children have seen their grandparents display loyal commitment with conviction~ and not with drudgery or boredom but instead with fun and friendship and joy.  awesome....
so blessed.  my word.

No comments:

Post a Comment