Tuesday, May 5, 2015

tiny boxers

two pairs of tiny, size four boxers.  hard to tell by the photo, as it lacks context.  as i was doing the children's closet/dresser season changeover and overall cleanup and re-fold (wow~ let's just say, they were messy!!) the size of these wee little plaid boxers struck me.  i actually held them up and paused.  a brief moment of reflection from the mass organization attempt that was happening.  these are little and sweet and too small for AJ now.  officially too small this 2015 spring season, and ready to be shipped out of his dresser, his room, his life!!!!!  whaaaaaaaa......... :(  my babies are growing up.  they are driving, getting jobs, travelling here and there and stepping farther away from this nest we've created here.  my littlest toddler is now a young boy, playing baseball on a real-deal team, having conversations about liquids and solids, and growing adult teeth way too soon for his little face to even seem ready for the change.   

 
thankful today for the chance to have enjoyed the moments of their smallness, learning more to embrace the changes that come with their "bigness", thankful for the seasons of being a mom...from the itty bitty delight of newborns to the taller-than-me fun of raising almost adults.  thankful for the moms who have gone before me and shown me survival strategies that shape my choices each day i'm on the job...oh yah, that's every day.  :) my dear mother and mother-in-law are constant sources of help, support, inspiration, and just visual reminders of "getting through" when i wonder how i'll ever do it all...
so, on the day i packed up these tiny boxers, i was a bit surprised to unpack my own bag of mixed emotions.  sad to see seasons end and grateful to be moving forward too.  thankful "it" happened, thankful my kids are growing into unique little people, feeling a bit resistant to change, wary of the unknown, and so it goes...
good-bye tiny plaid boxers...

No comments:

Post a Comment