Monday, July 29, 2013

aj quote...better left unsaid, but too funny to not mention...

i have permission to share this quote.  my dear mom agreed this was realllly funny, even when AJ's brutal honesty was directed at her....i guess his social discretion is still developing at five years old... we hope! :) 

AJ was sitting at the front of our house with my mom watching a couple of the older kids play badminton on the most impressive court (which almost needs a post of its own, considering the effort daddy has put into making it "real deal").  anyway, the conversation went something like this:

AJ: "Grandma, do you want to play badminton with me?"
Grandma: "Sure AJ, we can do that."
AJ: "I'll go easy on you Grandma."
Grandma: (smiling on the inside) "You'll go easy on me?  Why would you go easy on me?"
AJ: (without hesitation, and matter-of-factly) "Because you're old!"

for the record, as a child i loved my grandparents, my "oma and opa"...they were sweet and caring to me and loved when we spent time together.  but there would not have been a single day where it would have occurred to me to ask them to play badminton.  our kids are soooooo blessed to have two sets of active and healthy grandparents who are available and involved in their lives.  that is huge.  so, that being said, thanks for taking AJ's honest perception so well, Mom.  he may think you are old, but clearly he also thinks old is still fun.  that counts for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment