Monday, February 20, 2012

like and love...sorted out

sweet thoughts from little man AJ last week.  i loved the conversation so much i walked away from it and jotted it down on paper to capture the essence.  i was in my bathroom getting ready to attend an engagement at the school.  AJ was watching me.  brushing my teeth, touching up my face, etc...he's always nearby...content to watch and chat as we hang out...the discussion went like this...
AJ: "hey momma...do you like your mom and dad?"
me: "oh yes AJ, i love them."
AJ: "do you like yourself?"
me: "yes, i love myself too." 
me (flipping things around to get his take): "do you like your mom and dad, AJ?"
AJ: "yes i do, and i like myself!  daddy likes himself too!"
me: with the biggest smile..."yes, yes he does.."
i'm more than happy to see the healthy self-esteem being passed down from parent to child...it's good.  it's precious.  a wee bit funny too...

1 comment:

  1. Love this... You have such a deep thinker on your hands!

    Take care,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete