Tuesday, August 27, 2024

my grocery sidekick

 this week will be the last of our weekly Friday grocery store runs.  we kind of got set on going once a week during covid, and Cree became a fixture in my cart and loved "helping" me out each week as i tackled my long list and full cart.  as he starts into full time school, i'm going to miss him tagging along with me.  Superstore has some kind employees, specifically Mr. Mike, AJ, Mr. Dave, Miss Irene, Mrs. Lynn and Mrs. Sharon, and i'm sure they will also miss his cheery conversations.  




one of his favourite parts was pushing the cart until we got to the deli meat counter, and then he'd move into the cart to eat a couple pieces of ham, often bagged by Miss Irene, when she'd say "There you go, handsome!"  he also loves to help me move the bags to the trunk of the van, and return the cart back to its place...he loves when i tell him how strong he's getting after he carries a twelve pack of sparking water all by himself.  he seems to love the predictable routine and time to connect with familiar faces.  gonna miss him, for sure.  thankful for these normal everyday memories we made...

No comments:

Post a Comment